FRIGHTFORUM of frightstuff.com Forum Index

<  Frightstuff News Board  ~  working like a mad man

fxdude
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:30 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Site Admin
So you who are waiting for a latex mask and machete's I am pulling them as fast as I can and painting.. everything will be done before halloween..

I am thinking of taking away the latex products as I am only one guy and I dont want people waiting too long...
I have already lost some orders because people dont understand that it takes time to make things, they think I just take stuff off the shelf and ship....
Rolling Eyes

Real movie props from the guys who make them!
Insanity
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:34 am Reply with quote
Frightstuff Master Joined: 24 Sep 2008 Posts: 2865 Location: San Diego
If only I knew latex I could help. I know that many people like these hoods but it does take time when you are one man that has so much to do with your being an FX guy and all.

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:38 am Reply with quote
Artist Artist
Joined: 06 Nov 2009 Posts: 5920 Location: Hiding from BigFoot!!! go Away!!
it will be a shame if you take the latex props but I can understand the reasons for it.

Ken I promise man, that when I move to the states IŽll become your latex props manufacturer lol!

and I mean it!

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:39 am Reply with quote
yeah i agree. it would be a shame to lose the latex products but doing everything alone has to be rough. i wouldn't blame you at all for discontinuing them.

we do appreciate everything you do though. without this site most of us wouldn't even know each other.
papaprut
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Frightstuff Master Joined: 27 Aug 2008 Posts: 2395 Location: Windsor, Canada
I couldn't agree more with what auz said. You have to do what you have to do, as much as we love the items, one man can only handle so much.

It's sad that some people just don't understand that to produce this stuff it takes time. for those people who want it ASAP. I say have one HUGE can of all the colours needed to paint all mixed up, and just dunk the pieces for them. They will get the hint lol

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
Joined: 12 Dec 2007 Posts: 7455 Location: everywhere and nowhere
should put a really big notice next to the buy now button that there is a wait while the pieces are produced

emceeshroom
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Frightstuff Master Joined: 11 Sep 2008 Posts: 965 Location: Seattle, Washington
hopefully erich will be back soon to help ya out, I know I want a hood sometime down the road

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:26 pm Reply with quote
member Joined: 07 Sep 2010 Posts: 47 Location: Detroit Rock City
as one of the people waiting for said latex pieces.... THANK YOU!!! It was an incredible find to get a hood at this price that looks (at least what i can tell from other people's pictures) awesome!

THANK YOU KEN Very Happy

thesandman2001
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Collector of Fright Joined: 05 Oct 2009 Posts: 74 Location: united states
I'am pumped to see my machete , I just went to spirits halloween store and the machetes with the friday the 13th logo were horrible and your machetes look like the shit !!!! As long as its here before October 30th I'm good lol

THIS IS MY CUSTOM SOUTH PARK CREATION , I HAVE MORE WITH WRESTLERS AND OTHER HORROR CHARACTERS AND WILL MAKE CUSTOM ONES TOO
MPN212
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Frightstuff Master Joined: 06 Feb 2010 Posts: 2846 Location: The Heart of Dixie
I own an economy hood V2 and a Brooker 1... fantastic products.... I understand if you have to pull the products. I just hope its only temporary, for future customer's sake. I also understand that customer demand can be unrealistic, so whatever you have to do, it's still a great site. I'm not going anywhere.
Joseph
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Frightstuff Master Joined: 11 Oct 2009 Posts: 2015 Location: Hephzibah, Georgia
Whats wrong with people now a days, they act like they can't be patient anymore Rolling Eyes

But anyway Ken I understand why you would discontinue the latex products but maybe you can do a limited run on latex products once or twice every year just for us who joined the forum.
Just an idea.

Reaping what I've sown
If it all amounts to nothing
Why, then, am I standing in this line
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
hevymentl13
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Frightstuff Master Joined: 03 Mar 2009 Posts: 2604 Location: Rockford, Illinois
I absolutely LOVE my dark hood from you Mr. Tarallo, and it would be a shame for you to have to stop making them ...for the price, people should be happy to wait a few weeks.
emceeshroom
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Any chance of just selling the hoods as blanks, for those who can paint em on their own?

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Frightstuff Master Joined: 29 Aug 2008 Posts: 8789 Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Ken, I for one, appreciate what you do for us here very much. I own one of almost every product in the store, and FS has given me so much in the last few years, some of the best friends I have, an outlet for my art, a place to call home online. If there is anything I can do to help on my end, please let me know.

Mike

Dreams are fleeting. Only nightmares last forever!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
emceeshroom
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:46 pm Reply with quote
voorheesfanatic80 wrote:
Ken, I for one, appreciate what you do for us here very much. I own one of almost every product in the store, and FS has given me so much in the last few years, some of the best friends I have, an outlet for my art, a place to call home online. If there is anything I can do to help on my end, please let me know.

Mike

yeah what he said too